Box-building Assembly Technician

Minimum Preferably 10th/12th Standard pass

Certified training for Box-building Assembly Technician (programme aligned to ELE/Q5306 released by Electronics Sector Skills Council)

Preferred on-the-job-training

The tasks a Box-building Assembly Technician is expected to perform include:

Assembling the electronics, electro-mechanical modules and sub-assemblies

Connecting the modules using connectors and wire harness

Checking each subassembly, chassis, component and hardware for box-build

Enclosing within box or plastic mouldings for completing box assembly

Knowledge of basic electronics and components identification

Knowledge of different types of modules and sub-assemblies, e.g., fans, card racks, connectors etc.Knowledge of functions of electrical, electronic and mechanical parts and modules

Knowledge of concepts of capacitance and power Knowledge of the manufacturing process and frequently occurring defects

Knowledge of electro-static discharge (ESD) precautions

Colour codes and polarity of components, soldering an electro-mechanical assembly

Problem-solving and attention to detail Teamwork and multitasking skills

Ability to work for long hours in standing or sitting position

It needs one to be on their toes

Work from home option is not available

Part-timework and contractual jobs are not available

Local travelling is not part of the job

Need not handle a team

Working hours

Working is 9 hours everyday for 6 days a week

Shift system may be applicable

Is the job suitable for a candidate with special needs?Maybe

This job is not considered hazardous

Occupational hazards include fatigue, eyestrain and ergonomic injuries due to repetitive motion

Fresher- INR7,000 toINR8,000 per month

For candidates with 1 year of experience or more -INR9,000 toINR12,000 per month

(These figures are indicative and subject to change)

Current Scenario of Electronics Industry in India1

The Electronics Systems Design and Manufacturing (ESDM) sector ranks high among the various segments that have contributed to creating this bulwark.

The ESDM industry in India has continued to chart its journey northwards.

The ESDM industry is expected to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 9.9 percent between 2011 and 2015 resulting in an industry size of $94.2 billion by 2015.

Future Prospects and Latest Trends in Electronics Sector in India

The market for electronic products comprises of domestic demand and products manufactured for exports.

This market is expected to grow from $52.4 billion in 2011 to $74.6 billion in 2015 that includes exports of $10.5 billion in 2011 decreasing to $9.7 billion in 2015.

The total market is expected to grow from $41.91 billion to $64.85 billion in 2015.

Total domestic manufacturing contributes only 35% of this demand and the remaining 65% is met through imported products.

Electronics Manufacturers

Electronics System Design Manufacturers

Maximum number of job openings are available in Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Noida, Pune, Chennai and other Metro cities.2