Working Proprietor

Minimum No entry barrier

Not required

The tasks a Working Proprietor, Electricity is expected to perform include:

Planning, organizing and controlling the broad outline of the workings within the authority delegated

Handling the activities of private or public organizations 

Managing the working of one or more establishments with different branches, departments, etc.

Handling units engaged in the generation, transmission and distribution of electricity to domestic and industrial consumers

Assigning the designated work among workers according to their work performed

Proficient in managing finance including cash flow, planning and credit-management 

Ability to manage sales including pricing, negotiating and customer service

Skilled in tracking competitors

Proficient in logistics and supply management

Skilled in tendering, managing contracts, etc.

Proficient in administration works including bookkeeping, billing, accounts preparation and payroll handling

Skilled in recruitment, dispute resolution, motivating staff and managing training

Not required


Good interpersonal skills

Attention to detail



Hardworking and persistent

It is not a desk job

The candidate will supervise a team of Directors and Managers

Local travelling is not a part of this job role

Part-time work and contractual jobs are not available

Work from home option is not available

Working hours
Companies usually work for 5/6 days a week and 8/9 hours everyday. This may vary from company to company

Shift system is not available

Is the job suitable for a candidate with special needs?

This job is not considered hazardous or dangerous

One may develop occupational hazards such as stress on eyes, mental and physical strain, joint pains, etc. if not taken care of

Since the person is self-employed the profits will vary

(These figures are indicative and subject to change)

Power Industry in India

The electricity sector in India had an installed capacity of 261.006 GW as of February 2015 and generated around 961.777 BU for the period of April 2014 to February 2015. India became the world's third largest producer of electricity in the year 2013 with 4.8% global share in electricity generation, surpassing Japan and Russia. Renewable power plants constituted 27.80% of the total installed capacity and non-renewable power plants constituted the remaining 72.20%. India generated around 967 tetra watts (967,150.32 GW) of electricity.

India has also invested heavily in recent years on renewable sources of energy such as wind energy. As of March 2011, India?s installed wind power generation capacity stood at about 12000 MW. Additionally, India has committed a massive amount of funds towards the construction of various nuclear reactors which would generate at least 30,000 MW. In July 2009, India unveiled a $19 billion plan to produce 20,000 MW of solar power by 2020 under National Solar Mission.

Considering these figures it is safe to say that entrepreneurial ventures like that of a Working Proprietor, Electricity will be a really profitable in the future


Cities and towns across India