4223-Telephone switchboard operators
Telephone switchboard operators
Telephone switchboard operators operate telephone communications switchboards and consoles to establish telephone connections, receive caller inquiries and service problem reports, and record and relay messages to staff or clients.
- operating switchboards and consoles to connect, hold, transfer, and disconnect telephone calls
- making connections for outgoing calls
- dealing with telephone inquiries and recording messages
- forwarding messages to staff or clients
- investigating operating system problems and informing repair services.
Attendant, switch board / Dispatcher, call/ Incharge, telex
Operator, switch board (telephone)/ Operator ,answering service
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2232