Bed Maker

Mattress Designer

Spring Mattress Maker

Will be updated

Previous relevant work experience

The tasks a Mattress Maker (Spring) is expected to perform include: Padding and covering innerspring assemblies to form mattress

Cutting cover material

Spreading padding over sides of innerspring and tending to tape-edge machine Tufting mattresses by hand or by tending machine to hold padding in place Sewing roll edges on mattress by hand or by machine

Knowledge about fabrics, materials, stitches and threads

Knowledge about dyes and colours

Ability to sew roll edges on mattress by hand or by machine

Skilled in tufting mattresses by hand or by tending machine to hold padding in place

Proficient in padding and covering innerspring assemblies to form mattresses

Will be updated

Creative thinking Attention to detail

Time management

Good communication skills

It is a desk job

Need not handle a team

Local travelling is not a part of this job role

Part-time work and contractual jobs are available in some cities

Work from home option is available

Working hours

Mattress manufacturing companies usually work for 5/6 days a week and 8/9 hours everyday. This may vary from company to company Shift system maybe available

Is the job suitable for a candidate with special needs?This job is suitable for candidates with One Leg ( OL), Both Leg (BL) and Hearing Impaired (HH)

This job is considered mildly hazardous or dangerous Occupational hazards include strained vision, cuts, wounds, back aches, joint pain, fatigue, stress etc.Health risks include exposure to needles, sharp threads, chemicals, dyes, odours, sharp cutting tool, etc.

For candidates with up to 2 years' of experience ? INR8,000 toINR9,000 per month

For candidates with 2 to 5 years' of experience ? INR13,000 toINR15,000 per month

For candidates with over 5 years' of experience ?INR18,000 toINR19,000 per month

(These figures are indicative and subject to change)

Market Size of Mattresses Industry in India

The Indian mattress market size is approximately about 5,000 crore ($ 900 million). Accordingly there should be above 12,000 retailers of different mattress product mix. Majority of retailers are in the unorganised sector (70-75 per cent) who are selling majorly low end cotton and foam fillers mattresses. Whereas, the organised sector of approximately about $225-270 million comprises majorly of coir, rebounded foam and foam combination products which constitute to about 80 per cent of this segment. The remaining 20 per cent ($45-55 million) constitutes premium and high-end product mix comprising spring, premium foam combinations and niche products. The organised sector in metros typically generates volume in the range of 3-15 lakh ($ 5500 to $ 28000) per month.

A major growth driver for the mattress market in India is the growing urban population who is ready to spend considerable amounts for their luxury and comfort. This trend is attracting major global players to invest in mattress industry of India. The major players such as Tempur, Snoozer, and King Koil have now set up manufacturing facilities in India. Thereby providing great employment opportunities in this sector.

Mattress manufacturers like Dunlopillo

Kurl-on, Sleepwell, etc. across India


Home textile and Furnishing Companies across India

Cities and towns across India