Sander Operator

The tasks a Sander Operator is expected to perform include:

Setting and operating sanding machine for smoothening and finishing wooden surfaces with sand paper

Selecting grade of sand paper according to degree or smoothness and finishing required and fitting it on sanding drum

Feeding ply-wood or article to be polished by feed belt against revolving sand paper to get rubbed and smoothened

Switching on exhaust fan of machine to collect dust during operation

Knowledge of operating sanding machine

Knowledge of different kinds of sand paper

Proficient in adjusting gap between feed belt and roller by observing index needle and starting the machine

Well-versed in changing the grade of sand paper till required smoothness is achieved

Knowledge of smoothening wooden articles on simpler machine by fixing them on machine platform not provided with automatic feed arrangement

Diligent and hardworking

Arm-hand steadiness

Ability to focus for long hours

Ability to follow instructions

Ability to work independently

It needs one to be on their toes

Need not handle a team

Local travelling is a part of this job role

Part-time work and contractual jobs are available in some cities

Work from home option is not available

Working hours
Factories usually work for 6 days a week and 8/10 hours everyday. This may vary from factory to factory

Shift system maybe available

Is the job suitable for a candidate with special needs?
This job is suitable for candidates with One Leg (OL), Both Leg (BL) and Hearing Impaired (HH), Muscular weakness (MW), Blind (B) and Low Vision (LV)

The job is considered mildly hazardous or dangerous

Occupational hazards may include cuts, asthama, back problems, poor eye sight, etc.

Health risks include exposure to dust particles, odours, repetitious motion of arms, wrists, hands and fingers, skeletal deformation, etc.

Will be updated

Overview of Furniture Industry in India

The furniture industry in India is generating a turnover of 3500 crore per annum. The industry grows by 20 % in coming times. The furniture industry has become a great pride for the nation to hold a magnificent impact for its fine arts and marvellous works. The foreign market feels content and confident as the Indian furniture companies add growth of the industry. India holds a magnificent place in the world market for Indian furniture in fine arts and superb works.

Size of Indian Furniture Industry

The un-organized sector for the furniture market is at 10 % and growing at about 35 % CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate). Furniture segment compromises of 65 % of the home market and 35 % of institutions. The entire home d?cor category spends furniture accounts about 68 % of the share while remaining 32 % comprises of furnishing and home investments. Imported furniture constitutes to 85 % of the total organized furniture. India imports furniture from Italy, Germany, Spain, China, Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, etc. there is growth in Indian furniture sector. As of the statistics, in 2006 the Indian market is estimated to be worth US$1, 358 million. About 11 % of this wooden furniture is imported and are growing at 50 % to 60 % every year. India was the largest furniture importer in the world 2004-2005 with a 17 % share in the furniture imports worldwide.

Local tradition and culture contributed to the furthest development of ornamental woodwork for palaces, temples, public houses, and work of arts. The tradition of using wooden furniture for home came into late existence. In India, offices and hotels had furniture from the beginning but the home furniture came gradually, where it started with a chair, sofa, bed and then the dining table. But now-a-days the usage of wooden goods in home also increased, as people started using wood for decorating, furnishing cupboards and etc. Thus the Indian furniture market grew from the ground level to now and which will further develop in future days.

Wood manufacturers across India

Construction sites across India

Wood manufacturers across India

Construction sites across India