|Title||Job Zone Four: Considerable Preparation Needed|
|Experience||A considerable amount of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is needed for these occupations. For example, an accountant must complete four years of college and work for several years in accounting to be considered qualified.|
|Education||Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.|
|Job Training||Employees in these occupations usually need several years of work-related experience, on-the-job training, and/or vocational training.|
|Examples||Many of these occupations involve coordinating, supervising, managing, or training others. Examples include accountants, sales managers, database administrators, teachers, chemists, environmental engineers, criminal investigators, and special agents.|
|SVP Range||(7.0 to 8.0)|
- Majority (52.06) percent of respondents had : Bachelor's Degree
- Some (25.53) percent of respondents had :Master's Degree
- Some (11.35) percent of respondents had :Associate's Degree (or other 2-year degree)
Interest Code : AS
- Artistic-Artistic occupations frequently involve working with forms, designs and patterns. They often require self-expression and the work can be done without following a clear set of rules.
- Social-Social occupations frequently involve working with, communicating with, and teaching people. These occupations often involve helping or providing service to others.
- Oral Comprehension-The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression-The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Speech Recognition-The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Speech Clarity-The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Written Comprehension-The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression-The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Integrity-Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Dependability-Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Attention to Detail-Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Self Control-Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Stress Tolerance-Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Independence-Job requires developing one's own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
Top 3 Values
- Relationships-Occupations that satisfy this work value allow employees to provide service to others and work with co-workers in a friendly non-competitive environment. Corresponding needs are Co-workers, Moral Values and Social Service.
- Working Conditions-Occupations that satisfy this work value offer job security and good working conditions. Corresponding needs are Activity, Compensation, Independence, Security, Variety and Working Conditions.
- Recognition-Occupations that satisfy this work value offer advancement, potential for leadership, and are often considered prestigious. Corresponding needs are Advancement, Authority, Recognition and Social Status.
- Active Listening-Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking-Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Reading Comprehension-Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing-Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Critical Thinking-Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring-Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- English Language-Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Foreign Language-Knowledge of the structure and content of a foreign (non-English) language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar, and pronunciation.
- Customer and Personal Service-Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Law and Government-Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
- Communications and Media-Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Education and Training-Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Follow ethical codes that protect the confidentiality of information.
- Translate messages simultaneously or consecutively into specified languages, orally or by using hand signs, maintaining message content, context, and style as much as possible.
- Listen to speakers' statements to determine meanings and to prepare translations, using electronic listening systems as necessary.
- Compile terminology and information to be used in translations, including technical terms such as those for legal or medical material.
- Read written materials, such as legal documents, scientific works, or news reports, and rewrite material into specified languages.
- Proofread, edit, and revise translated materials.
- Identify and resolve conflicts related to the meanings of words, concepts, practices, or behaviors.
- Check translations of technical terms and terminology to ensure that they are accurate and remain consistent throughout translation revisions.
- Refer to reference materials, such as dictionaries, lexicons, encyclopedias, and computerized terminology banks, as needed to ensure translation accuracy.
- Train and supervise other translators or interpreters.
- Interpreting the Meaning of Information for Others-Translating or explaining what information means and how it can be used.
- Getting Information-Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Performing for or Working Directly with the Public-Performing for people or dealing directly with the public. This includes serving customers in restaurants and stores, and receiving clients or guests.
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge-Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Communicating with Persons Outside Organization-Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates-Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Contact With Others-This job require the worker to be in contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, or otherwise) in order to perform it?
- Importance of Being Exact or Accurate-Required to be very exact or highly accurate in performing this job
- Face-to-Face Discussions-Mostly you have to have face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams in this job?
- Telephone-Mostly you have telephone conversations in this job
- Electronic Mail-Mostly you use electronic mail in this job
- Freedom to Make Decisions-The job offers decision making freedom without supervision
- Frequency of Decision Making-The worker is required to make decisions that affect other people, the financial resources, and/or the image and reputation of the organization
- Indoors, Environmentally Controlled-Mostly this job require working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions
- Foreign language software e.g. AceTools.biz Ace Translator
- Dictionary software e.g. Electronic dictionaries
- Foreign language software e.g. ExcelTrans Translator
- Web platform development software e.g. Extensible HyperText Markup Language XHTML
- Foreign language software e.g. Google Translate Client
- Web platform development software e.g. Hypertext markup language HTML
- Foreign language software e.g. jalada GmbH Just Translate
- Data base user interface and query software e.g. Microsoft Access
- Spreadsheet software e.g. Microsoft Excel
- Office suite software e.g. Microsoft Office
- Binoculars e.g.Compact binoculars
- Desktop computers
- Digital voice recorders e.g.Digital audio recorders
- Radio frequency transmitters or receivers e.g.FM transmission equipment
- Headphones e.g.Headsets
- Radio frequency transmitters or receivers e.g.Infrared transmission equipment
- Audio mixing consoles e.g.Interpreter consoles
- Notebook computers e.g.Laptop computers
- Personal computers
- Pocket calculator e.g.Portable calculators
Educational Services (25%)
Health Care and Social Assistance (13%)
For more details on industries and there classification, refer here