Plans, designs, coordinates and implements recreation and leisure-based activity programs to support, challenge and enhance the psychological, spiritual, social, emotional and physical wellbeing of individuals. Registration or licensing may be required.
Activities Coordinator ,Activities Officer
- planning and implementing leisure activity programs for individuals in health care and in the community to assist in their social development, and promote their sense of wellbeing
- identifying individual needs through task analysis
- evaluating and assessing clients' levels of abilities, interests, needs, strengths and weaknesses, and their ability to carry out a range of tasks and interact with others
- maintaining a knowledge of resources available within a facility and within the community
- organising leisure and recreational events
- assisting with training and supervising volunteers and staff
- providing information on available support resources within the local community
- encouraging and supporting clients to take part in activities suited to their particular needs and interests
- adapting programs to suit individual clients' needs, interests, skills and abilities
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Respiratory Therapists
- Cardiovascular Technologists and Technicians
- Dietetic Technicians
- Psychiatric Technicians
- Respiratory Therapy Technicians
- Health Technologists and Technicians, All Other
- Neurodiagnostic Technologists
- Ophthalmic Medical Technologists
- Radiologic Technicians
- Surgical Assistants
- Healthcare Practitioners and Technical Workers, All Other
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Healthcare Support Workers, All Other
- Endoscopy Technicians
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.596