7122- DEBT, RENT AND OTHER CASH COLLECTORS
DEBT, RENT AND OTHER CASH COLLECTORS
Collecting agent,Collector (gas supplier),Debt collector,Meter reader,Vending operator
Debt, rent and other cash collectors collect payments due or overdue from households and businesses and empty cash from prepayment meters or machines.
No academic qualifications are required. Training is typically provided on-the-job. This may be supplemented by specialised training courses within larger agencies.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 3
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 7.2
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- receives payment at centralised office or calls on household/business premises;
- records details of transaction, issues receipt or annotates rent book;
- reads gas, water and electricity meters;
- cleans, services and fills vending machines and collects money from meters, vending machines and other cash operated machinery;
- collects tolls from persons wishing to gain access to private roads, bridges, piers, etc. and operates tollgates to control entry;
- remits cash, cheques or credit notes to cashier, supervisor or bank, building society or post office.