6215- RAIL TRAVEL ASSISTANTS
RAIL TRAVEL ASSISTANTS
Retail service manager (railways),Station assistant (underground railway),Ticket inspector (railways),Train conductor,Train manager
Rail travel assistants issue, collect and inspect travel tickets, provide information and assistance to railway passengers, operate train doors, and perform a variety of duties on station platforms in connection with the arrival and departure of trains and the movement of goods and passengers, and on trains to ensure the safety and comfort of passengers.
There are no formal academic entry requirements, although entrants are required to take a medical examination and have normal colour vision. Training is provided off- and on-the-job. NVQs/SVQs in Rail Transport (Passenger) are available at Level 2.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 3
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 7.2
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- examines and collects tickets at the ticket barrier of a railway station;
- helps with passenger enquiries and makes announcements over a public address system at stations;
- loads and unloads mail, goods and luggage, operates lifts and hoists and drives small trucks;
- assists passengers with special needs to board and leave trains;
- attends to the safety, welfare and comfort of passengers on trains and manages train crew;
- checks control panel operation before start of journey, operates train door controls and signals to driver to start or stop train;
- inspects and issues tickets on trains, deals with passenger enquiries, and takes charge of goods being transported on train.