6214- AIR TRAVEL ASSISTANTS
AIR TRAVEL ASSISTANTS
Air hostess,Cabin crew,Customer service agent (travel),Flight attendant,Passenger service agent
Air travel assistants issue travel tickets and boarding passes, examine other documentation, provide information and assistance at airport terminals and look after the welfare, comfort and safety of passengers travelling in aircraft.
Entrants usually possess GCSEs/S grades. Fluency in a foreign language may also be required in some posts. Training typically lasts between 3 to 6 weeks followed by a 6 to 12 month probationary period of on-the-job training.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 3
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 7.2
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- receives passengers at airport terminal, examines tickets and other documentation, checks in luggage and distributes boarding passes;
- checks emergency equipment, distributes reading material, blankets and other items, and ensures that the aircraft is ready for the receipt of passengers;
- welcomes passengers on board the aircraft, guides them to their seats and assists with any hand luggage;
- ensures that sufficient stocks of meals and beverages are on board the aircraft prior to take off and serves passengers during the flight;
- sells duty-free goods during the flight;
- makes announcements on behalf of the pilot, demonstrates the use of emergency equipment and checks that safety belts are fastened;
- directs and instructs passengers in the event of an emergency, ensures safety procedures are followed.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: