Chef,Chef-manager,Head chef,Pastry chef
Chefs plan menus and prepare, or oversee the preparation of food in hotels, restaurants, clubs, private households and other establishments.
There are no formal academic requirements. Training is provided off- and on-the-job. NVQs/ SVQs, BTEC Certificates and Diplomas and foundation degrees are available. Apprenticeships leading to an NVQ/SVQ at Level 3 are also available. Courses are also run by private cookery schools.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 5
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 11.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- requisitions or purchases and examines foodstuffs from suppliers to ensure quality;
- plans menus, prepares, seasons and cooks foodstuffs or oversees their preparation and monitors the quality of finished dishes;
- supervises, organises and instructs kitchen staff and manages the whole kitchen or an area of the kitchen;
- ensures relevant hygiene and health and safety standards are maintained within the kitchen;
- plans and co-ordinates kitchen work such as fetching, clearing and cleaning of equipment and utensils.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: