3536- IMPORTERS AND EXPORTERS
IMPORTERS AND EXPORTERS
Export controller,Export coordinator,Exporter,Import agent,Importer
Importers and exporters buy commodities from overseas for the home market and sell home-produced commodities to overseas markets.
Entry does not depend on academic qualifications although some employers require candidates to have a degree or equivalent qualification. Some posts require candidates to have knowledge of a foreign language. Professional qualifications are available. Entrance to professional examinations requires GCSEs/S grades and A levels/H grades or equivalent qualifications.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 4.4
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- investigates and evaluates home and overseas demand for particular commodities;
- obtains orders from buyers and arranges payment by bill of exchange, letter of credit or other means;
- arranges for shipment of commodities overseas and ensures that insurance and export licences are in order;
- carries out customs clearance procedures for imports, arranges their storage and delivery and sells them personally or through a commodity broker;
- advises home and overseas producers on the likely future demand for their goods.
- Personal Care and Service Workers, All Other
- First-Line Supervisors of Non-Retail Sales Workers
- Securities, Commodities, and Financial Services Sales Agents
- Sales Agents, Securities and Commodities
- Sales Agents, Financial Services
- Securities and Commodities Traders
- Cargo and Freight Agents
- Freight Forwarders