Transport conductors check and issue tickets and ensure the safety and comfort of passengers on trains, trams, buses and other public transport vehicles.
- collecting and issuing tickets, passes or fares, and checking the validity of tickets issued previously
- attending to sleeping-cars and their occupants on passenger trains
- providing assistance with boarding, seating and luggage as required, especially to elderly, sick, or injured people
- opening and closing doors for passengers
- performing equipment safety checks prior to departure
- signalling to drivers to stop or proceed
- greeting passengers boarding transportation equipment, and announcing routes and stops. ensuring that safety regulations are respected
- responding to passengers requests and complaints and providing information about stops and connections
- taking appropriate action in case of emergencies or accidents.
Conductor, (trolley)bus/ cable car/ ferryboat/ hovercraft/ pullman car/ tram/ train
Superintendent, travelling ticket examiner/ Examiner, travelling ticket
Attendant, pullman car/Attendant, sleeping car
Conductor, sleeping car/Guard, train: passengers
Inspector, ticket: public transport
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2252