Hotel receptionists register guests, assign rooms, issue keys, provide information concerning the hotel services, make room reservations, keep a record of rooms available for occupancy and present statements of charges to departing guests and receive payment.
- maintaining an inventory of rooms available for occupancy, reservations and room assignments
- registering arriving guests, assigning rooms
- verifying customer?s credit and issuing room keys
- providing information regarding hotel services and services available in the community
- providing information about availability of accommodation and making room reservations
- responding to guests? requests for housekeeping and maintenance services as well as complaints
- contacting housekeeping or maintenance services when guests report problems
- compiling and checking guest accounts for charges using computerized or manual systems
- receiving and forwarding messages in person or using telephone or telephone switchboard
- reviewing statements of charges to departing guests and receiving payment.
Hotel front desk clerk
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2233