Chefs design menus, create dishes and oversee the planning, organization preparation and cooking of meals in hotels, restaurants and other eating places, on board ships, on passenger trains and in private households.
- planning and developing recipes and menus, estimating food and labour costs, and ordering food supplies
- monitoring quality of dishes at all stages of preparation and presentation
- discussing food preparation issues with managers, dieticians, kitchen and waiting staff
- supervising and coordinating the activities of cooks and other workers engaged in food preparation
- inspecting supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards
- determining how food should be presented, and creating decorative food displays. instructing cooks and other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food
- participating on the recruitment of kitchen staff and monitoring their performance
- preparing, seasoning and cooking specialist foods and complex dishes
- explaining and enforcing hygiene and food safety regulations.
Chef de cuisine Cook/Chef
Cook, sauces and condiments/ Chef, pastry/Cook, chief/Cook, head/Saucier/Souschef
Executive chef/ Chef head
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2214