Salary LevelBelow Average
|Title||Job Zone Three: Medium Preparation Needed|
|Experience||Previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is required for these occupations. For example, an electrician must have completed three or four years of apprenticeship or several years of vocational training, and often must have passed a licensing exam, in order to perform the job.|
|Education||Most occupations in this zone require training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, or an associate's degree.|
|Job Training||Employees in these occupations usually need one or two years of training involving both on-the-job experience and informal training with experienced workers. A recognized apprenticeship program may be associated with these occupations.|
|Examples||These occupations usually involve using communication and organizational skills to coordinate, supervise, manage, or train others to accomplish goals. Examples include food service managers, electricians, agricultural technicians, legal secretaries, interviewers, and insurance sales agents.|
|SVP Range||(6.0 to 7.0)|
- Majority (29.19) percent of respondents had : Bachelor's Degree
- Some (24.09) percent of respondents had :Master's Degree
- Some (20.35) percent of respondents had :High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
Interest Code : SC
- Social-Social occupations frequently involve working with, communicating with, and teaching people. These occupations often involve helping or providing service to others.
- Conventional-Conventional occupations frequently involve following set procedures and routines. These occupations can include working with data and details more than with ideas. Usually there is a clear line of authority to follow.
- Speech Recognition-The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Oral Comprehension-The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression-The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Comprehension-The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression-The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Speech Clarity-The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Concern for Others-Job requires being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
- Self Control-Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Adaptability/Flexibility-Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Integrity-Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Cooperation-Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Dependability-Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
Top 3 Values
- Relationships-Occupations that satisfy this work value allow employees to provide service to others and work with co-workers in a friendly non-competitive environment. Corresponding needs are Co-workers, Moral Values and Social Service.
- Support-Occupations that satisfy this work value offer supportive management that stands behind employees. Corresponding needs are Company Policies, Supervision: Human Relations and Supervision: Technical.
- Achievement-Occupations that satisfy this work value are results oriented and allow employees to use their strongest abilities, giving them a feeling of accomplishment. Corresponding needs are Ability Utilization and Achievement.
- Active Listening-Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension-Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking-Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Social Perceptiveness-Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Service Orientation-Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Critical Thinking-Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- English Language-Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Psychology-Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
- Customer and Personal Service-Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Education and Training-Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Computers and Electronics-Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Clerical-Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Implement treatment plans or protocols as directed by speech-language pathologists.
- Document clients' progress toward meeting established treatment objectives.
- Assist speech-language pathologists in the remediation or development of speech and language skills.
- Perform support duties, such as preparing materials, keeping records, maintaining supplies, and scheduling activities.
- Collect and compile data to document clients' performance or assess program quality.
- Select or prepare speech-language instructional materials.
- Assist speech-language pathologists in the conduct of client screenings or assessments of language, voice, fluency, articulation, or hearing.
- Test or maintain equipment to ensure correct performance.
- Conduct in-service training sessions, or family and community education programs.
- Prepare charts, graphs, or other visual displays to communicate clients' performance information.
- Getting Information-Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Assisting and Caring for Others-Providing personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as coworkers, customers, or patients.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships-Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Documenting/Recording Information-Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work-Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Processing Information-Compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing, or verifying information or data.
- Contact With Others-This job require the worker to be in contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, or otherwise) in order to perform it?
- Work With Work Group or Team-Important to work with others in a group or team in this job
- Face-to-Face Discussions-Mostly you have to have face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams in this job?
- Coordinate or Lead Others-Important to coordinate or lead others in accomplishing work activities in this job
- Physical Proximity-Mostly this job require the worker to perform job tasks in close physical proximity to other people
- Telephone-Mostly you have telephone conversations in this job
- Freedom to Make Decisions-The job offers decision making freedom without supervision
- Electronic Mail-Mostly you use electronic mail in this job
- Music or sound editing software e.g. Adobe Systems Adobe Audition
- Medical software e.g. Biofeedback software
- Electronic mail software e.g. Email software
- Medical software e.g. KayPENTAX Multi-Speech
- Analytical or scientific software e.g. Language analysis software
- Medical software e.g. Learning Fundamentals Speech Visualization
- Spreadsheet software e.g. Microsoft Excel
- Word processing software e.g. Microsoft Word
- Medical software e.g. Propeller Multimedia React2
- Analytical or scientific software e.g. Signal analysis software
- Flow sensors e.g.Airflow measurement devices
- Keyboards e.g.Alternative computer keyboards
- Headphones e.g.Circumaural headphones
- Closed circuit television CCTV system e.g.Closed circuit television CCTV surveillance systems
- Letter or symbol boards for the physically challenged e.g.Communications boards
- Compact disk players or recorders e.g.Compact disk CD players
- Portable stereo systems e.g.Compact stereo systems
- Inkjet printers e.g.Computer inkjet printers
- Photocopiers e.g.Copy machines
- Desktop computers