|Title||Job Zone Two: Some Preparation Needed|
|Experience||Some previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is usually needed. For example, a teller would benefit from experience working directly with the public.|
|Education||These occupations usually require a high school diploma.|
|Job Training||Employees in these occupations need anywhere from a few months to one year of working with experienced employees. A recognized apprenticeship program may be associated with these occupations.|
|Examples||These occupations often involve using your knowledge and skills to help others. Examples include sheet metal workers, forest fire fighters, customer service representatives, physical therapist aides, salespersons (retail), and tellers.|
|SVP Range||(4.0 to 6.0)|
- Majority (64.06) percent of respondents had : High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Some (18.46) percent of respondents had :Bachelor's Degree
- Some (10.19) percent of respondents had :Less than a High School Diploma
Interest Code : ER
- Enterprising-Enterprising occupations frequently involve starting up and carrying out projects. These occupations can involve leading people and making many decisions. Sometimes they require risk taking and often deal with business.
- Realistic-Realistic occupations frequently involve work activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions. They often deal with plants, animals, and real-world materials like wood, tools, and machinery. Many of the occupations require working outside, and do not involve a lot of paperwork or working closely with others.
- Oral Comprehension-The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression-The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Problem Sensitivity-The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Deductive Reasoning-The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Far Vision-The ability to see details at a distance.
- Selective Attention-The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
- Integrity-Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Self Control-Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Dependability-Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Attention to Detail-Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Leadership-Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Cooperation-Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
Top 3 Values
- Support-Occupations that satisfy this work value offer supportive management that stands behind employees. Corresponding needs are Company Policies, Supervision: Human Relations and Supervision: Technical.
- Independence-Occupations that satisfy this work value allow employees to work on their own and make decisions. Corresponding needs are Creativity, Responsibility and Autonomy.
- Relationships-Occupations that satisfy this work value allow employees to provide service to others and work with co-workers in a friendly non-competitive environment. Corresponding needs are Co-workers, Moral Values and Social Service.
- Critical Thinking-Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Management of Personnel Resources-Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Active Listening-Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking-Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Monitoring-Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Time Management-Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Customer and Personal Service-Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Public Safety and Security-Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Transportation-Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- English Language-Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Administration and Management-Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Clerical-Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Calculate load weights for different aircraft compartments, using charts and computers.
- Determine the quantity and orientation of cargo and compute an aircraft's center of gravity.
- Direct ground crews in the loading, unloading, securing, or staging of aircraft cargo or baggage.
- Train new employees in areas such as safety procedures or equipment operation.
- Distribute cargo in such a manner that space use is maximized.
- Accompany aircraft as a member of the flight crew to monitor and handle cargo in flight.
- Getting Information-Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates-Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems-Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards-Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Coordinating the Work and Activities of Others-Getting members of a group to work together to accomplish tasks.
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge-Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Face-to-Face Discussions-Mostly you have to have face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams in this job?
- Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable-Mostly this job require working exposed to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable
- Electronic Mail-Mostly you use electronic mail in this job
- Contact With Others-This job require the worker to be in contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, or otherwise) in order to perform it?
- Work With Work Group or Team-Important to work with others in a group or team in this job
- Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets-Requires wearing common protective or safety equipment such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hard hats or life jackets
- Telephone-Mostly you have telephone conversations in this job
- Time Pressure-This job require the worker to meet strict deadlines
- Inventory management software e.g. Cargo tracking system software
- Office suite software e.g. Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Data base user interface and query software e.g. Data entry software
- Spreadsheet software e.g. Microsoft Excel
- Office suite software e.g. Microsoft Office
- Electronic mail software e.g. Microsoft Outlook
- Word processing software e.g. Microsoft Word
- Materials requirements planning logistics and supply chain software e.g. Warehouse management system WMS
- Aircraft cargo handling equipment e.g.Aircraft loaders
- Wheel chocks e.g.Aircraft wheel chocks
- Airplane baggage tug or tractor e.g.Airplane baggage tuggers
- Airfreight conveyor truck e.g.Airport cargo conveyor trucks
- Airfreight conveyor truck e.g.Belt loader trucks
- Aircraft cargo handling equipment e.g.Cargo collection hoppers
- Dollies e.g.Cargo dollies
- Ratchet tie down strap e.g.Cargo tiedown straps
- Aircraft cargo handling equipment e.g.Cargo turntables
- Winches e.g.Cargo winches