Top Entrance Exams After 12th
Thoughts of what to do next might be pondering in the students’ mind after 12 as choosing the right career path is a very important choice. Often students are not well guided with the various options that are kept on the table and make the choice for their future immaturely. The students should be well guided and choose a path based on their interests and passion. Here are some top entrance exams that keep the options open for students after 12th.
- Engineering Entrance Exams:
- JEE Main: The JEE Main is an all India entrance exam conducted by the CBSE. The eligibility criteria for the JEE Main is Class 12th pass with Physics, Chemistry and Maths background. Applications for the exam are done online. The purpose of JEE Main is for admission in B.E / B. Tech, B. Arch. also an eligibility test for the JEE Advanced.
- JEE Advanced: The JEE Advanced is for the admission of UG programmes for the IITs and NITs. This test is conducted by the IITs. Only the candidates who have qualified for the JEE mains are eligible to give the JEE Advanced. Applications for the JEE Advanced is done online after the announcement of the JEE main results. The test will consist of two papers. Each paper will consist of three sections: Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
- Architecture Entrance Tests:
- NATA: NATA stands for National Aptitude Test in Architecture. The National Aptitude Test in Architecture is an entrance test for the admission of undergraduate courses in Architecture. It includes Government aided and unaided colleges of Architecture.
- Medical Entrance Tests:
- NEET: The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is an entrance exam for those students who wish to pursue the medical course. The NEET for undergraduates is conducted by the CBSE. The eligibility criteria for the exam are that the candidate should pass class 12 with physics, chemistry and biology background.
- There are also individual MBBS exams that are conducted by different states, some of which are mentioned -
- Fashion and Design:
- NIFT: The National Institute of Fashion Technology is an entrance test for the admission in design, management and technology for the international fashion business. The eligibility criteria required is a class 12th pass out. Applications for the NIFT can be done online or by post.
- NID: The National Institute of Design is a design school in Ahmedabad, India. The admission for NID is a 4-year Graduate Diploma Programme in Design (GDPD) and a 2 ½ year Post Graduate Diploma Programme in Design (PGDPD). The eligibility for GDPD is that the candidate should have passed or appearing for Higher Secondary and the maximum age limit is 20. The eligibility for PGDPD is that the candidate should have a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree. The maximum age limit is 30. Applications can be done by post for the NID.
- AIEED: The All India Entrance Examination for Design. The admission is a 4-year undergraduate level programme in design. The eligibility for AIEED is class 11, 12. Applications are done online. The Exam is a maximum duration of 3 hours and 15 minutes. The Question paper has a combination of Creative Ability Test and General Ability Test. The total number of questions are 45 -50 for a total of 200 marks.
About the author:
Reuben Thomas Alex enjoys inspiring others through his writing and blogging. After his engineering he has chosen to work with many students and to explore the opportunities of creating a better future in the field of digital education. He has been able to motivate many with his passion towards education in Byju’s-the Learning App.