9272- KITCHEN AND CATERING ASSISTANTS
KITCHEN AND CATERING ASSISTANTS
Catering assistant,Crew member (fast food outlet),Kitchen assistant,Kitchen porter
Workers in this unit group assist in the preparation and service of food and beverages in restaurants, cafes and other eating establishments, and perform various cleaning, fetching and carrying tasks.
There are no formal academic entry requirements. Training is typically received on-the-job. NVQs/ SVQs in relevant areas are available at Levels 1 and 2.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 6
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 12.2
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- cleans or prepares food for cooks by hand or machine;
- carries meat, vegetables and other foodstuffs from delivery van to storeroom and from storeroom to kitchen;
- cleans and tidies service area, kitchen surfaces, crockery, cutlery, glassware, kitchen utensils and disposes of rubbish;
- prepares and serves beverages and light refreshments, accepts payment and gives change;
- keeps service area well stocked.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: