9249- ELEMENTARY SECURITY OCCUPATIONS N.E.C.
ELEMENTARY SECURITY OCCUPATIONS N.E.C.
Bailiff,Commissionaire,Court usher,Door supervisor,Doorman
Workers in this unit group perform a variety of elementary security occupations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 924: Elementary Security Occupations.
There are no formal academic entry requirements. For some vacancies a current and clean driving licence is required and entrants may have to pass a medical examination. Off- and on-the-job training may be provided.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 6
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 12.2
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- serves summonses and, on court authority, takes possession of goods to the value of outstanding debt;
- accepts payment on behalf of court and issues receipts;
- ejects persons in illegal occupation of premises;
- watches for illegal fishing or attempted smuggling;
- deals with any security difficulties in art galleries and museums, clubs, public houses, employers? establishments and other buildings;
- receives clothing, luggage and other articles, collects fee and issues ticket and returns item to deposit or on presentation of receipt;
- operates push-button or hand controls to raise and lower lifts to required floor and ensures safety of goods and passengers carried in lift.