9244- SCHOOL MIDDAY AND CROSSING PATROL OCCUPATIONS
SCHOOL MIDDAY AND CROSSING PATROL OCCUPATIONS
Dinner lady (schools),Lollipop man,Lunchtime supervisor,Midday supervisor,School crossing patrol
Workers in this unit group supervise the activities of school children during break and meal times and assist children to cross roads near to the entrances of schools.
There are no formal academic entry requirements. Some employers may expect candidates to show previous experience in caring for children. Training is provided off- and on-the-job. CRB clearance is mandatory.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 7
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 13.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- supervises the playground activities of children during meal and break times;
- cares for sick children and administers first aid if necessary;
- assists young children with feeding, dressing, washing and toiletry activities;
- meets children wanting to cross the road and directs them to wait at the kerb;
- waits for a safe gap in traffic and walks to the centre of road;
- signals approaching traffic to stop by using hand signals and school crossing signs;
- directs children to cross the road when safe.