9242- PARKING AND CIVIL ENFORCEMENT OCCUPATIONS
PARKING AND CIVIL ENFORCEMENT OCCUPATIONS
Car park attendant,Community warden,Parking attendant,Traffic warden
Job holders in this unit group patrol assigned areas to detect and prevent infringements of local parking regulations and control the parking of vehicles in public and private car parks.
There are no formal academic entry requirements. Candidates should be at least 18 years of age (in some areas 20-25+) and may be required to pass a medical examination. Training is typically provided on-the-job.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 7
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 13.4
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- patrols assigned area to detect vehicles parked in no-parking zones and vehicles parked in excess of permitted time in restricted parking zones;
- warns offenders or issues tickets;
- advises motorists on local parking facilities and directs them as required;
- notes any cases of obstruction, evasion of tax or other infringement and reports them to the police;
- gives evidence in court as required;
- regulates entry/exit of vehicles to and from car parks and may park cars;
- issues and examines tickets in car parks, collects charges and gives change.