9235- REFUSE AND SALVAGE OCCUPATIONS
REFUSE AND SALVAGE OCCUPATIONS
,Binman (local government: cleansing department),Hopper attendant (refuse destruction),Refuse disposal operative,Salvage worker
Refuse and salvage collectors supervise and undertake the collection and processing of refuse from household, commercial and industrial premises.
No academic qualifications are required. Training is provided on-the-job. A minimum age limit of 18 years normally applies.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 7
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 13.4
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- rides in or on refuse vehicle and alights to pick up domestic refuse;
- carries waste material in dustbins or other containers from premises to refuse vehicle;
- empties refuse into vehicle manually or using an electronic tipping device;
- returns dustbins or other containers to premises;
- collects scrap metal, salvage, paper and other recyclable material from domestic and industrial premises, and sorts material in preparation for recycling;
- attends the operation of refuse tips, supervises the use of public refuse disposal facilities, and compacts and covers up refuse at landfill sites.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: