9139- ELEMENTARY PROCESS PLANT OCCUPATIONS N.E.C.
ELEMENTARY PROCESS PLANT OCCUPATIONS N.E.C.
Factory worker,Fitter?s mate,Labourer (engineering),Material handler
Jobholders in this unit group assist the work of machine operatives and perform a variety of manual tasks in foundries, engineering and allied trades and in other process and plant operations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 913: Elementary Process Plant Occupations.
No academic qualifications are required. On-the- job training is provided. NVQs/SVQs may be available in some areas.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 7
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 13.4
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- assists with the operation of furnaces and the preparation of castings;
- assists in setting up attachments on plant and machinery, and operates saws, shears or other equipment;
- conveys goods, materials, equipment, etc. to work area, assists in setting up machinery and equipment and prepares tools, lamps and other equipment for use;
- assists operative to mark out, bend, drill, galvanise, coat and otherwise machine metal;
- loads and unloads vehicles, trucks and trolleys;
- removes finished pieces from work area, paints or fixes identification labels or markers on products or containers;
- clears machine blockages, cleans machinery, equipment and tools, keeps work area tidy and clears waste and any spillages;
- performs a variety of manual tasks in relation to the operation of coke ovens, boilers and blast furnaces.