8229- MOBILE MACHINE DRIVERS AND OPERATIVES N.E.C.
MOBILE MACHINE DRIVERS AND OPERATIVES N.E.C.
Digger driver,Dredger,Excavator driver,JCB driver,Plant operator,Rig operator
Job holders in this unit group supervise and undertake the operation of machines to transport, excavate, grade, level, and compact sand, earth, gravel and similar materials, drive piles into the ground and lay surfaces of asphalt, concrete and chippings, and operate other mobile machines not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 822: Mobile Machine Drivers and Operatives.
No academic qualifications are required. On-the-job training is provided. The appropriate current driving licence will be required for driving on public highways.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 7
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 13.3
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- fixes any necessary extensions onto machine and loads machine with asphalt, concrete, bitumen, tar, stone chippings or any other required materials;
- manipulates levers, pedals and switches to manoeuvre vehicle, regulate angle and height of blades, buckets and hammers and starts conveyor, suction or water spraying system;
- watches operation and removes any likely obstacle or obstructions;
- directs refilling of machine hopper and repeats operations as necessary;
- cleans, oils and greases machine and carries out minor repairs.