8222- FORK-LIFT TRUCK DRIVERS
FORK-LIFT TRUCK DRIVERS
Fork lift driver,Fork lift truck driver,Fork truck operator,Stacker-driver
Fork-lift truck drivers operate fork-lift trucks in factories, warehouses, storerooms and other areas to transfer goods and materials.
There are no formal academic entry requirements. Training is through accredited training schemes provided in-house or by manufacturers. NVQs/SVQs in Lift Truck Operations are available at Level 2.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 6
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 12.3
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- operates controls to pick up load on forks;
- drives truck to unloading point and lowers forks to correct position on stack or ground;
- ensures that truck is connected to charger or is correctly refuelled for use;
- keeps records of work undertaken;
- cleans, oils and greases machine.