8215- DRIVING INSTRUCTORS
Driving instructor,HGV instructor,Instructor (driving school),Motorcycle instructor
Driving instructors co-ordinate and undertake the instruction of people learning to drive cars, motorcycles, buses and haulage vehicles.
There are no formal academic requirements. Candidates must have held a current driving licence for four out of the last six years, have no motoring or criminal convictions and be over 21 years old. To gain registration as an Approved Driving Instructor, entrants must pass a three-part examination. Instructors for Large Goods Vehicles (LGVs) and Passenger Carrying Vehicles (PCVs) are trained internally or at specialist training establishments. NVQs/SVQs in Driving Instruction at Level 3 are available for instructors in all licence categories.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 4
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 9.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- checks instruction and learning standards and discusses teaching plans with other instructors;
- plans lessons in accordance with the needs and abilities of individual pupils;
- explains driving techniques and assists pupil with difficulties;
- familiarises pupil with the Highway Code and different road and traffic conditions;
- advises pupil when to apply for theoretical and practical driving tests and familiarises them with test procedures and standards.