8149- CONSTRUCTION OPERATIVES N.E.C.
CONSTRUCTION OPERATIVES N.E.C.
Asbestos remover,Cable layer,Demolition worker,Dry liner,General handyman,Maintenance man,Thermal insulation engineer
Workers in this unit group operate insulating equipment, fix plasterboard or dry linings to ceilings and walls, help construct, maintain, repair and demolish buildings and clean and resurface eroded stonework, lay, join and examine pipe sections for drainage, gas, water or similar piping systems and carry out a variety of other construction operative tasks not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 814: Construction Operatives.
There are no formal academic entry requirements. Training is typically provided on-the-job. NVQs/SVQs in General Construction Operations are available at Levels 1, 2 and 3.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 7
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 13.4
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- fills machine with insulating mixture, positions hose, drills access hole and fills cavities or coats surfaces to prevent loss or absorption of heat and provide fire protection;
- selects appropriate plasterboard or dry lining panels, cuts them to required size and fixes them to ceilings and walls;
- cuts, shapes and fits wood, lays bricks and tiles, cleans exterior surfaces of buildings and resurfaces eroded stone or brickwork, and performs other tasks in the construction, alteration, repair and demolition of buildings;
- selects appropriate asbestos, clay, concrete, plastic or metal pipe sections and lowers them into prepared trenches using hoisting equipment;
- joints pipe by sealing with rubber, cement, lead, etc., connects piping to manholes and attaches pipe junctions as required;
- tests joints with electronic test equipment or by filling piping with water, smoke or compressed air.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: