8134- WEIGHERS, GRADERS AND SORTERS
WEIGHERS, GRADERS AND SORTERS
Grader (food products mfr),Metal sorter,Selector (ceramics mfr),Weighbridge clerk,Weighbridge operator
Jobholders in this unit group weigh, grade and sort materials, goods and products.
There are no formal academic entry requirements. Training is typically received on-the-job, supplemented by short courses relating to the specific material or product being considered.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 7
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 13.2
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- examines hide, skins, leather, fabric, wool, rags, scrap metal, tobacco pipe bowls, fish, fibres, ceramics, produce and other goods;
- assesses product quality visually and by touch, and grades according to weight, thickness, colour and other quality criteria;
- ascertains material(s) required from order card, recipe, or specification and weighs and measures prescribed quantities accordingly;
- uses balances, springs, weighing platforms, automatic scales and weighbridges to check the weight of goods, products and loaded vehicles;
- records and calculates gross and net weight, checks delivery notes and prepares documents and labels for identification purposes;
- operates machines to measure lengths of rolls of material and irregularly shaped materials such as leather or sheepskin.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: