8133- ROUTINE INSPECTORS AND TESTERS
ROUTINE INSPECTORS AND TESTERS
Quality assurance inspector,Quality auditor,Quality controller,Quality inspector,Test engineer
Jobholders in this unit group inspect and/or test metal stock, parts and products, electrical plant, machinery and electronic components, systems and sub-assemblies, textiles, wood, paper, food, plastics and rubber goods, parts and materials to detect processing, manufacturing and other defects.
There are no formal academic entry requirements, although some employers require candidates to possess GCSEs/S grades. Training is typically received on-the-job, supplemented by training courses where instruction in specific techniques is required. Various NVQs/SVQs encompass aspects of quality control.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 5
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 11.2
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- examines articles for surface flaws such as cracks, dents, defective sealing or broken wires by visual inspection or using aids such as microscopes or magnifying glasses;
- checks sequence of assembly operations and checks assemblies and sub-assemblies against parts lists to detect missing items;
- sets up test equipment, connects items/system to power source/pressure outlet, etc. and operates controls to check performance and operation of electrical plant and machinery and electronics systems;
- examines yarn packages, textile fabrics and garments, wood or wood products, paper and paperboard, plastics and rubber materials, food products, food storage containers, etc., checks specifications, marks any repairable defects and rejects faulty items;
- reports any recurrent or major defects and recommends improvements to production methods.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: