8119- PROCESS OPERATIVES N.E.C.
PROCESS OPERATIVES N.E.C.
Melting pot assistant (electric cable),Mixing plant foreman (asphalt mfr),Process worker (electrical engineering),Stone finisher (cast concrete products mfr)
Job holders in this unit group perform a variety of processing occupations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 811: Process Operatives.
There are no formal academic entry requirements, though some employers may expect entrants to possess GCSEs/S grades. Training is typically provided on-the-job, supplemented by specialist training courses. NVQs/SVQs in Process Operations are available at Levels 1, 2 and 3.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 6
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 12.4
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- packs products ready for kiln setting;
- operates kilns, furnaces and ovens to produce cement clinker, linoleum cement and asphalt, to fire abrasive and carbon products and otherwise cook and heat treat materials and products not elsewhere classified;
- operates machines to mix, blend, crush, wash and separate seeds and other materials not elsewhere classified;
- operates machines to produce flat and corrugated asbestos cement pipes and sheets;
- performs other processing tasks not elsewhere classified.
- Plant and System Operators, All Other
- Biofuels Processing Technicians
- Methane/Landfill Gas Generation System Technicians
- Biomass Plant Technicians
- Crushing, Grinding, and Polishing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Mixing and Blending Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Cutting and Slicing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders