Electroplater,Galvaniser,Metal sprayer,Powder coater
Electroplaters operate continuous plant to coat metal parts and articles electrolytically, form metal articles by electro- and vacuum-deposition, dip and spray articles with another metal, plastic powder or other material and treat articles chemically to produce desired surface finishes.
There are no formal academic entry requirements. Training is typically provided on-the-job. NVQs/ SVQs in Product Coating are available at Levels 2 and 3.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 6
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 12.3
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- cleans and rinses article or pre-shaped form to be coated;
- masks area not to be covered with wax, resistant adhesive tape or other material;
- fits appropriate nozzle on spray gun, loads spray gun with appropriate coating material and prepares electrolytic solutions;
- sets machine, plant, or equipment controls to regulate electric current and temperature of molten zinc, tin, chromium, copper or other non-ferrous metal;
- immerses articles in plating solutions or sprays article until required thickness of coating has been deposited;
- removes article from solution and centrifuges, if necessary, to remove excess molten metal before cooling.