8115- RUBBER PROCESS OPERATIVES
RUBBER PROCESS OPERATIVES
Disc cutter (rubber mfr),Moulder (rubber goods mfr),Process worker (rubber reclamation),Tyre builder
Rubber process operatives attend and operate masticating, calendering, mixing, forming, shaping, moulding, extruding, cutting, trimming and winding machines to make and repair rubber products.
There are no formal academic entry requirements, although some employers require entrants to possess GCSEs/S grades. Training is typically on-the-job, supplemented by specialised training courses. NVQs/SVQs in Processing Rubber are available at Levels 1 and 2.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 6
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 12.3
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- ascertains ingredients and mixing requirements, feeds machine or regulates flow from feed conveyors and hoppers;
- regulates speed, temperature and pressure of masticating, mixing, extruding and vacuum moulding machinery;
- operates winding machinery to form endless belts and builds up rubberised material to form industrial belting and pneumatic tyres;
- prepares surfaces and coats or lines metal or other products with rubber;
- trims, sandblasts, or manipulates rubber article against abrasive wheel to finish product;
- locates defects and repairs worn and faulty sheathing, belting and rubber and pneumatic tyres.