8114- CHEMICAL AND RELATED PROCESS OPERATIVES
CHEMICAL AND RELATED PROCESS OPERATIVES
Gas producer operator,Process technician (chemical mfr),Process worker (cement mfr),Process worker (nuclear fuel production)
Job holders in this unit group operate plant and machinery in the processing of chemical and related materials by chemical, heat or other treatment, manufacture synthetic materials and bleach, dye or otherwise treat textiles, and treat hides, skins and pelts for making into fur, leather and skin products.
There are no formal academic entry requirements, although some employers require entrants to possess GCSEs/S grades. Training is typically received on-the-job, supplemented by specialised training courses. NVQs/SVQs in Process Operations are available at Levels 1, 2 and 3.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 5
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 11.2
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- loads prescribed quantities of ingredients into plant equipment, starts operational cycle, monitors instruments and gauges indicating conditions affecting the peration of the plant and adjusts controls as necessary;
- prepares dye, bleaching, water repellent, fixing salt and other chemical solutions to finish and treat textiles;
- regulates input of polymer into melting unit, extrudes polymer, gathers extruded filaments and feeds strands through rolling, cutting and treatment units to produce synthetic fibre;
- operates kilns, furnaces and ovens to produce charcoal, coke and other carbon products;
- operates machines to coat film and tape with sensitising material and otherwise impregnate materials by immersion, split and mould mica and produce asbestos pipes and sheets;
- cuts and trims skins, hides and pelts, removes wool, hair, flesh and other waste material, and washes, limes, tans, dyes and otherwise treats hides for making into leather, skin and fur products;
- withdraws samples for quality control testing, removes and regulates discharge of batch material upon completion of processing.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: