7211- CALL AND CONTACT CENTRE OCCUPATIONS
CALL AND CONTACT CENTRE OCCUPATIONS
Call centre agent,Call centre operator,Customer service adviser (call centre),Customer service operator
Workers in this unit group receive and respond to telephone calls from potential clients and existing customers regarding the products and services offered by an organisation.
There are no formal academic entry requirements, although many employers expect candidates to possess GCSEs/S grades. Training is typically provided on-the-job, supplemented by specialist short courses.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 3
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 7.2
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- answers incoming telephone calls from existing or prospective customers;
- interviews caller to establish the nature of any complaint or the requirements of the client;
- informs existing and potential customers on any immediate action to be taken, and refers the matter to a more senior member of staff if necessary;
- advises on services available and sells additional products or services;
- maintains details of calls received, the action taken as a result of a call and updates customer database as required;
- arranges for field staff to visit the caller if further assistance is required.