7130- SALES SUPERVISORS
Sales supervisor (retail trade: delivery round),Section manager (retail trade),Shop supervisor (retail trade),Supervisor (retail, wholesale trade),Team leader (retail trade)
Sales supervisors oversee operations and directly supervise and coordinate the activities of sales and related workers in retail and wholesale establishments.
No minimum academic qualifications are required although some employers may require GCSEs/S grades or A levels/H grades along with relevant work experience. NVQs/SVQs in Retail Operations are available at Levels 1 and 2, and apprenticeships may be available in some areas. Professional qualifications are relevant in some areas of selling and may be an advantage.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 2
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 6
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- directly supervises and coordinates the activities of sales and related workers;
- establishes and monitors work schedules to meet sales and productivity targets;
- liaises with managers and other departments to resolve operational problems;
- determines or recommends staffing and other needs to meet sales and productivity targets;
- reports as required to managerial staff on departmental activities.