7129- SALES RELATED OCCUPATIONS N.E.C
SALES RELATED OCCUPATIONS N.E.C
Demonstrator,Hire controller,Sales representative (retail trade)
Workers in this unit group perform a variety of sales occupations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 712: Sales Related Occupations.
There are no formal academic entry requirements. Training is typically received on-the-job, supplemented by short courses covering practical skills and details of the product or service being sold. NVQs/SVQs in Selling are available at Levels 2 and 3.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 3
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 7.2
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- assesses characteristics of goods/services being sold and decides on main selling points;
- advises clients and agents on insurance related problems, seeks new outlets for business and quotes premiums, bonus rates, tax concessions, etc.;
- obtains orders for advertising, financial, catering, printing and transportation services;
- organises parties in private households to sell clothing, fashion accessories, giftware and other goods;
- provides demonstrations of a product within retail stores, exhibitions and trade fairs to promote interest amongst potential customers;
- negotiates agreements for the passage of supply lines over or under land/property and the siting of supporting structures and other items.