7125- MERCHANDISERS AND WINDOW DRESSERS
MERCHANDISERS AND WINDOW DRESSERS
Merchandiser,Sales merchandiser,Visual merchandising manager,Window dresser
Merchandisers and window dressers replenish stocks of goods in stores, advise retailers on the optimum display of merchandise and create displays of merchandise in shop windows.
Entrants typically possess a professional qualification from the British Design Society, or an approved vocational qualification. Candidates usually require GCSEs/S grades. Degrees and apprenticeships are available, as well as NVQs/SVQs in Visual Merchandising at Levels 1 and 2.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 3
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 7.2
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- monitors stock movements, considers customer requirements and assists customers in completing orders;
- supplies information about the product to the retailer and sales staff and deals with customer enquiries;
- consults with advertising and sales staff and advises retailers on the optimal display of a product and of any promotions;
- implements plans from display designers or display managers or develops ideas and plans for merchandise display or window dressing;
- prepares area for new display, constructs or assembles displays from a variety of materials, and dismantles existing displays and returns merchandise to relevant departments;
- provides feedback about displays to senior managers.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: