7123- ROUNDSPERSONS AND VAN SALESPERSONS
ROUNDSPERSONS AND VAN SALESPERSONS
Dairyman (retail trade: delivery round),Ice-cream salesman,Milkman (milk retailing),Roundsman,Van salesman
Roundspersons and van salespersons deliver and sell food, drink and other goods by calling on householders or by selling from a mobile shop or van and call on households to collect and receive payment for laundered or similarly serviced articles.
No academic qualifications are required but candidates should hold a clean driving licence. Off- and on-the-job training is provided.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 7
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 13.3
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- loads vehicle with food, drink, or articles that have been laundered, etc.;
- drives vehicle over established route and parks at recognised stopping places or households;
- calls at customers? premises and delivers ordered goods;
- calls out, rings bell or otherwise attracts attention to the items on sale;
- sells goods, records deliveries, takes further orders or articles requiring servicing and collects cash or prepares bill;
- returns to depot and hands in unsold goods and cash.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: