7121- COLLECTOR SALESPERSONS AND CREDIT AGENTS
COLLECTOR SALESPERSONS AND CREDIT AGENTS
Agent (insurance),Canvasser,Collector (insurance),Distributor (door-to-door sales),Insurance agent
Collector salespersons and credit agents visit private households to obtain orders and collect payments for goods and services.
No academic qualifications are required. Training is provided on-the-job and may be supplemented by specialist short courses provided by employers.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 6
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 12.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- calls on household, explains purpose of call and displays or describes goods/services on offer;
- emphasises main selling point of goods/services to stimulate customer interest;
- quotes prices and terms, collects any payments and completes hire purchase or credit arrangements;
- distributes advertising literature and sample goods;
- makes follow-up calls to obtain further orders.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: