7115- VEHICLE AND PARTS SALESPERSONS AND ADVISERS
VEHICLE AND PARTS SALESPERSONS AND ADVISERS
Car sales executive,Car salesman,Parts adviser (retail trade),Parts salesman (motor vehicle repair)
Vehicle and parts salespersons and advisers sell new and used vehicles to the general public, and vehicle accessories and parts to garages, vehicle dealerships and the general public.
There are no formal academic requirements for entry but some employers may ask for GCSEs and/or some previous relevant work experience. Apprenticeships may be available in some areas. Vehicle salespersons generally require a full, clean driving licence.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 3
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 7.2
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- discusses customer?s requirements, advises on most appropriate vehicle, explains its features and arranges test drive;
- negotiates sale price including any ?trade-in? and extra accessories, works out finance arrangements and completes sales paperwork;
- carries out pre-delivery inspection and formal hand-over of vehicle to customer;
- updates stock record, orders new vehicles from manufacturer, buys in used cars;
- receives orders for parts by phone, email or in person and checks availability on stock record;
- obtains parts from store or orders from suppliers;
- organises delivery of parts and handles payment;
- orders new supplies, arranges storage and updates stock records.