7113- TELEPHONE SALESPERSONS
Sales adviser (telephone sales),Telesales executive,Telesales operator
Telephone salespersons obtain, receive, process and record telephone orders for goods and services.
Academic qualifications may be required. Training is typically received on-the-job, supplemented by short courses in practical skills. NVQs/SVQs in Selling are available at Levels 2 and 3.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 6
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 12.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- learns about the product(s)/service(s) to be sold;
- telephones potential customers, explains purpose of call, discusses their requirements and advises on the goods/services being offered;
- quotes prices, credit terms and delivery conditions and records details of orders agreed;
- receives orders for goods/services by telephone and records relevant details;
- arranges despatch of goods and services, information and/or brochures to customers;
- maintains record of sales statistics, customers contacted and changes to customer details.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: