7112- RETAIL CASHIERS AND CHECK-OUT OPERATORS
RETAIL CASHIERS AND CHECK-OUT OPERATORS
Check-out operator,Forecourt attendant,General assistant (retail trade: check-out),Till operator
Retail cashiers and check-out operators accept payments from customers and give change in respect of sales or services.
There are no minimum academic requirements although some employers may require GCSEs/S grades or relevant experience. Training is typically provided on-the-job. NVQs/SVQs in Retail Operations are available at Levels 1 and 2.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 6
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 12.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- records cost of each item on cash register or by use of bar code reader and totals the amount to be paid;
- receives cash, cheque or debit or credit card payment, checks validity of form of payment, gives change and issues receipts for purchase;
- debits customer?s account in respect of purchases or services;
- monitors fuel taken by self-service customers or refuels vehicle if required;
- maintains transaction records as requested.
Source Of Info: