6240- CLEANING AND HOUSEKEEPING MANAGERS AND SUPERVISORS
CLEANING AND HOUSEKEEPING MANAGERS AND SUPERVISORS
Butler,Cleaner-in-charge,Cleaning supervisor,Domestic supervisor,Head house keeper,Supervisor (cleaning)
Workers in this unit group manage and supervise cleaning and other housekeeping tasks within private households, hotels, schools, hostels and other non-private households, and in offices and other premises.
There are no formal academic requirements, but GCSEs/S grades and/or relevant work experience may be needed in some instances. BTEC certificates and diplomas, NVQs/SVQs and degree level courses are available in relevant areas.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 5
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 10
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- recruits or participates in the selection process for cleaning and housekeeping staff and takes charge of staff training;
- assigns duties and responsibilities to staff and oversees working rotas;
- supervises the activities of cleaners and other housekeeping staff and inspects work undertaken;
- oversees the provision of cleaning and housekeeping supplies;
- arranges for replacement of broken, defective tools and handles arrangements for repairs to fixtures and fittings;
- manages budget for cleaning and housekeeping supplies and keeps record of expenditure.