6222- BEAUTICIANS AND RELATED OCCUPATIONS
BEAUTICIANS AND RELATED OCCUPATIONS
Beautician,Beauty therapist,Nail technician,Tattooist
Beauticians and related workers give facial and body beauty treatments, apply cosmetics and dress wigs.
There are no minimum academic requirements for entry, although some colleges require candidates to possess GCSEs/S grades. NVQs/SVQs in Beauty Therapy are available at Levels 1, 2 and 3. Professional qualifications are also available.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 6
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 12.2
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- discusses clients requirements, analyses and advises client on appropriate skin care, and applies treatments to the face or body;
- massages scalp, face and other parts of the body and carries out spray tanning;
- uses waxing, threading, sugaring and other epilation techniques to remove any unwanted body hair;
- cleans, shapes and polishes finger and toe nails, applies nail extensions;
- applies make-up to hide blemishes or enhance facial features and advises clients on skin care and make-up techniques;
- performs specialist treatments for conditions such as acne, applies skin rejuvenation therapies;
- recognises problems and refers clients to medical practitioners if appropriate;
- advises clients on diet and exercise to assist in weight loss and slimming;
- maintains client records, sells and advises on cosmetic products and services, and ensures appropriate health and safety issues are addressed.