6221- HAIRDRESSERS AND BARBERS
HAIRDRESSERS AND BARBERS
Barber,Colourist (hairdressing),Hair stylist,Hairdresser
Hairdressers and barbers shampoo, cut, colour, style and treat hair.
There are no minimum academic requirements for entry, although some colleges require candidates to possess GCSEs/S grades. Training is provided off- and on-the-job and lasts up to three years leading to the awarding of NVQs/SVQs at Levels 1, 2 and 3. Apprenticeships leading to an NVQ/SVQ at Level 3 are also available.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 7
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 13.1
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- discusses customer requirements, analyses hair condition and other relevant features to define and advise on hair style;
- washes, conditions, bleaches, tints or dyes hair and provides any necessary basic scalp treatments;
- cuts and trims hair using scissors, clippers, razor and comb;
- combs, brushes, blow-dries or sets wet hair in rollers to style or straighten;
- shaves and trims beards and moustaches;
- collects payment, arranges appointments and cleans and tidies salon;
- maintains client records and keeps up-to-date with new products, styles and techniques;
- ensures hair products are stored and used appropriately and observes relevant health and safety factors;
- demonstrates, sells and recommends hair care products to clients and advises them on hair care.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: