6219- LEISURE AND TRAVEL SERVICE OCCUPATIONS N.E.C.
LEISURE AND TRAVEL SERVICE OCCUPATIONS N.E.C.
Bus conductor,Holiday representative,Information assistant (tourism),Steward (shipping),Tour guide
Workers in this unit group perform a variety of leisure and travel service occupations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 621: Leisure and Travel Services.
There are no formal academic entry requirements. Spoken fluency in a foreign language is needed for some posts. NVQs/SVQs in travel services are available at Levels 2 and 3. Training is also received on-the-job.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 6
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 12.2
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- observes regulations concerning the carrying capacity of vehicles and controls the boarding of passengers accordingly;
- receives passengers, checks tickets and guides them to their seats, makes announcements regarding travel arrangements and places of interest, and deals with passengers? queries;
- makes local arrangements at stopover points for food and accommodation;
- responds to enquiries and complaints, books excursions and other entertainment and provides other assistance and advice to holidaymakers;
- signals to driver when to stop and start bus, collects fares from passengers and issues tickets and changes destination indicators as necessary;
- completes way-bill at scheduled points on route and balances cash taken with tickets issued;
- receives passengers on ship, examines tickets and other documentation, directs them to their cabin and assists with any luggage;
- makes announcements to passengers and deals with enquiries;
- serves food and beverages to passengers.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: