6148- UNDERTAKERS, MORTUARY AND CREMATORIUM ASSISTANTS
UNDERTAKERS, MORTUARY AND CREMATORIUM ASSISTANTS
Crematorium technician,Funeral director,Pall bearer,Undertaker
Undertakers, mortuary and crematorium assistants make funeral arrangements for clients, prepare the deceased for burial or cremation, and supervise and assist the proceedings of funerals.
There are no formal academic requirements although some employers require candidates to possess GCSEs/S grades. A full driving licence is often required. Training is provided on-the-job. Professional qualifications in funeral directing and embalming are available.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 6
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 12.2
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- collects body of deceased and assists with the completion of necessary documents;
- interviews relative or representative of the deceased to discuss preparations for funeral;
- liaises with cemetery or crematorium authorities on behalf of client;
- washes and injects body with sterilising fluid to prevent deterioration prior to funeral, and applies cosmetics, wax and other materials to restore normal appearance;
- provides hearse and funeral cars and leads funeral procession;
- controls the operations of crematoriums and cemeteries and processes legal documentation.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: