6142- AMBULANCE STAFF (EXCLUDING PARAMEDICS)
AMBULANCE STAFF (EXCLUDING PARAMEDICS)
Ambulance care assistant,Ambulance driver,Ambulance technician,Emergency medical technician
Ambulance staff transport sick, injured and convalescent persons and give first aid treatment in emergencies.
Academic qualifications are not normally required. Entry requirements vary between ambulance services. Entrants must normally have possessed a full clean driving licence for one to two years and have health clearance. Entrants undertake a minimum of 2 weeks training in first aid and patient care. Successful trainees are then attached to an ambulance station where they work under the guidance of a trained supervisor for a probationary period before working unsupervised.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 3
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 7.2
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- helps patients into and out of ambulance;
- drives ambulance or accompanies driver to transport patients to hospitals or other treatment centres and homes;
- ascertains nature of injuries and provides first aid treatment;
- cleans and disinfects ambulance after use and carries out routine care of ambulance equipment;
- replenishes medical supplies in ambulance as necessary.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info: