6141- NURSING AUXILIARIES AND ASSISTANTS
NURSING AUXILIARIES AND ASSISTANTS
Auxiliary nurse,Health care assistant (hospital service),Health care support worker,Nursing assistant,Nursing auxiliary
Nursing auxiliaries and assistants assist doctors, nurses and other health professionals in caring for the sick and injured within hospitals, homes, clinics and the wider community.
There are no formal academic entry requirements. Off- and on-the-job training is provided. NVQs/ SVQs in Care are available at Levels 2 and 3.
Refer The S/NVQ framework for more details
The simplified NS-SEC analytic class for this code is 3
The simplified NS-SEC operational category for this code is 7.3
Refer The National Statistics Socio-economic Classification for more details
- performs basic clinical tasks such as taking patients? temperature and pulse, weighing and measuring, performing urine tests and extracting blood samples;
- prepares patient for examination and treatment;
- distributes and serves food, assists patients in feeding and prepares snacks and hot drinks;
- assists patients in washing, dressing, toiletry activities and general mobility;
- changes bed linen, makes beds and tidies wards.